The Director, Digital Content connects people more deeply to God through the ministries of KSBJ, NGEN and Hope On Demand. This strategic role is responsible to lead and grow digital content creation across the organization including videos, blogs, devotionals and podcasts. We’re looking for someone who is a collaborative leader, well-versed in video/audio production and most importantly – able to articulate a Christian/Biblical worldview through media. Additional knowledge of social media, web and mobile app technology is helpful too. You’ll be working in a Mac environment with Adobe CC, ProTools, and a lot of fun cameras and recording equipment. We’re here for so much more than creating great media content – we are here to connect people more deeply with God. If you align with that vision, are a great storyteller and a collaborative leader, we’d love to talk with you!
This position serves as the key leader in developing and growing digital media products, specifically with written, video and audio content on demand. The Director, Digital Content not only supports and contributes to the growth of existing KSBJ and NGEN radio broadcasting and its related areas of impact, but also engages new audiences distinct from radio through our latest brand, Hope On Demand. Working under the leadership of the Sr Director of Content, the Director of Digital Content is responsible for researching, creating and capturing compelling content that will engage existing and new audiences and help them to grow deeper in their relationship with Jesus Christ. This position leads the development of digital content in a shared services environment and directly manages our Media Production professionals.
• Strategize, innovate, and create unique, compelling and original video content, podcasts, and blogs for the KSBJ/NGEN/Hope On Demand audience that broadens the brand and the listeners’ faith in Jesus Christ.
• Create content that intentionally engages the audience and leads them through the engagement pathway from awareness to discovery, involvement and investment
• Ensure content is high quality and is in alignment with our vision, mission, core values, and overall ministries strategic framework and plans
• Oversee the artistic and technical elements of video production, including directing the shooting timetable and meeting deadlines
• Provide guidance to assigned creative leaders for projects so that content is optimized across all channels with a focus on visual media, videos, digital media, blog posts, and podcasts. Where necessary, perform the role of a project lead
• Ensure strong communication with the Director, Marketing on projects and initiatives that are shared
• Oversee strategic and tactical planning for all digital content, with a focus that aligns with ministry goals, timelines, budgets, communication, results tracking and celebration. Ensure strategy includes content distribution plans for all brands
• Assess department performance against annual goals and plans for KSBJ and NGEN Radio. Provide strategic recommendations and adjustments based on analysis, research, projections, cost identification and allocation, and required resources
• Ensure tools and systems are in place to provide critical operational and project information to leadership and other stakeholders, and make actionable recommendations on both strategic goals and operational constraints
• Provide leadership and development of the Digital Team with a focus on bringing out the best from the team members in the achievement of strategic goals.
• Recruit and develop staff through training and mentoring opportunities in order to maximize staff performance and professional growth, providing coaching, and evaluating performance. Where necessary, make a determination around outsourcing project work such as using contractors, and manage the master service agreement.
• Develop functional teams specialized and focused on respective content for radio and other identified segments.
• Lead team to create video for promos and campaigns, including artist performances, stationality content, and original pieces.
• Build and cultivate leadership within the team; develop a strong team of leaders to oversee and implement the ideas generated.
• Lead a creative content collective group of identified internal staff to share and dream up ideas.
• Collaborate and meet regularly with departments to ensure alignment of digital content production with the strategic objectives of the ministry.
• Establish targets and measures that adequately reflect departmental objectives and regularly update with the Chief Content Officer. Communicate objectives to staff, balancing team and individual responsibilities and productivity.
• Manage team performance by setting clear expectations and holding regular and formal performance conversations, ensuring personal and professional growth. Balance accountability and encouragement. As appropriate, correctively counsel team members
Research and Analysis
• Lead KSBJ / NGEN / Hope On Demand digital content innovation, studying local and national trends.
• Optimize content according to research and best practices
• Keep abreast with industry trends, best practices and standards including storytelling techniques and creative process innovations.
• Keep up to date with current and emerging digital technologies around media production.
Data Capture and Reporting
• Use analytical tools to analyze metrics across different channels. Regularly review the performance of videos/media according to pre-defined metrics & key performance indicators and give periodic presentations to key leadership on insights that help future strategy and direction. When requested, provide other executive summaries of deliverables achieved.
• Lead the ministry in the area of capturing audience data that identifies what ‘she’ likes and compels the listener to take a journey with us and connects ‘her’ more deeply to God.
• Build new ways to gather audience feedback and develop a profile based on preferences and activities identified.
• Measure effectiveness of our content and refine according to audience preferences
• Develop and manage digital content department budget
• Manage production expenses related to the creation and packaging of new media and video products.
• Manage video assets through the production process, making sure assets are delivered in a timely manner.
• Ensure that there is interdepartmental effort to catalog, tag, store and archive digital assets for the purpose of reuse, inventory management, search optimization and ease of content retrieval.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism, preferred
• 7-10 years’ experience in the areas of digital content: curation, generation, management
• 5-7 years of leadership experience, including managing direct reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be Biblically literate, and able to articulate a Christian worldview through media content
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong experience working with programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects*, Adobe Media Encoder**, Premier Clip, Spark Video, Wirecast, QuickTime, Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, Waves Tracks Live, Final Cut Pro, Creative Cloud Assets, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Illustrator Draw and Spark Post. * Specifically knowledge of building Essential Graphics and working with Motion Graphics templates and Master Properties. **Specifically knowledge of ingest, transcode, proxies, and output.
- Must have excellent project management and leadership skills to direct and manage the story, design, layout and technical aspects
• Deep understanding of established and emerging trends in content consumption and audience habits
• Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to direct multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail, comfortable with multi-tasking, willingness to take ownership of team projects and see them to completion
• Ability to effectively transmit ideas, work independently and as a team member, present self in a highly professional manner
• Possess creativity, flexibility, fast learner, and enthusiastic with a willingness to jump in and learn new things in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop sincere business/ministry relationships
• Exceptional editorial, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Video and Podcast writing skills
• Ability to produce and edit video and podcast content
• Experience with creating and presenting executive level presentations
• Must be able to successfully build trust and relationships quickly with cross-functional leaders
• Exceptional time management skills, and the ability to successfully handle details with accuracy in a busy digital media environment
• Strong aptitude for analytical thinking and problem solving
Immediate supervision over a unit, section or department. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
Working Conditions and Environment
Physical Activity may include Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
For consideration, you must include samples of work to include video, audio, written content. Please submit your portfolio to [email protected] with “Director, Digital Content-Samples-(your name)” as Subject of your email.
To apply visit our careers page located at www.ksbj.org/careers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org