KSBJ Educational Foundation is a Christ-centered, non-profit, listener-supported radio ministry. We are followers of Jesus Christ, Son of God, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures. As a listener-supported Christian station, we’re able to focus on creating the kind of radio that encourages listeners not only to “sing along, but live along with us,” and impact lives for Christ.
KSBJ has been recognized as a Best Christian Workplace by Best Christian Workplaces Institute and named as a Top Work Place by the Houston Chronicle. We’d love for you to join the team and be a part of what God is doing in this ministry! Learn more about our mission, vision and passion at www.ksbj.org.
We are currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic “go-getter” as Development Officer in Houston, TX
KSBJ is proud to offer:
• Competitive base salary
• Medical insurance
• Paid vacation and sick days
• Paid holidays
• Opportunity to support and serve in faith-based ministry events
• Positive working environment
In this key position as Development Officer, you will be responsible for the development and oversight of relationship building, stewardship and solicitation of individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects in all areas of KSBJ. You will also serve as a member of the Donor Care Team and report directly to the Director, Donor Development.
• Major donor outreach including developing giving/donor strategies and goals
• Manage portfolio of mid-level and major donors
• Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospective donors
• Attend area events to engage with donors and prospects
• Campaign development including assisting with and/or attending all giving campaigns and events
• Research donor and prospect backgrounds, maintain accurate records
• Keeping abreast of current tax laws, statues, and gift planning options
• Collaborate with grant writing and Foundation connections as needed
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 7 years of experience in development/fundraising for non-profit organizations required
• Demonstrated success in securing major gifts
• Experience in creating planned giving strategies and programs and capital campaigns
• Knowledge of the Houston fundraising environment and major influencers, a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to engage, influence and build long-term relationships
• Expertise with fundraising databases
• Working knowledge of federal and state tax planning favorable to charitable giving preferred
• Self-motivated, proactive, and innovative
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
• Must be available to work some nights and/or weekends for donor, community or KSBJ functions
• Must be available for some overnight travel
If you are looking for a job that makes a positive impact on our community, please apply online at www.ksbj.org/careers. Please be sure to attach a cover letter that explains why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.ksbj.org.