Afternoon Show Media Producer
Job Location : Humble, TX
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level:4 Year Degree
Tapping into the power of digital content and audio production, the Afternoon Show Media Producer is responsible for providing creative and production support for the KSBJ Afternoon Show. Success in this role includes developing meaningful relationships with people who listen through relevant content and music. A primary duty is communicating spiritual truth and sharing God’s love creating messaging to connect people more deeply to God through Hope Media Group’s Afternoon Show platforms. They support the KSBJ Afternoon Show through digital and podcast content that directly supports, and, is an extension of our radio broadcasts. They are also actively engaged in reaching a new audience outside of radio through Facebook, YouTube, KSBJ.org Blog and Hope on Demand. In a pre-production environment, the Media Producer collaborates with the team to discover innovative ways to tell stories through digital content. In a production environment, they are responsible for creating, capturing and curating content using industry-standard recording equipment, techniques, software, tools and methods. In a post-production environment, they edit and distribute high quality, compelling and easy to share digital and audio content.
• Create and distribute high quality, compelling and easy to share new digital content (visual, written, audio) on the Afternoon Show platforms.
• Storyboard, capture and curate, edit and distribute video and podcast content that grows organic retention and views on YouTube, Facebook, KSBJ.org Blog, Hope on Demand
• Capture, curate, edit and distribute audio, graphic and photo projects to show pages and platforms.
• Assist with the planning and execution of social media posts/videos
Media Production (Audio / Graphics / Photography / Blog / Social)
• Capture and edit audio/graphics/photo projects for KSBJ Afternoon Show
• Edit Social Media platforms & Blog posts as needed.
• Review/respond to social media feedback for up-to-date content.
• Podcast & platform maintenance as need.
On-Air Show Producer
• Assist in brining creative ideas and conversation starts to the show
• Identify, engage, and schedule interviews for the show.
• Make appearances On-air as additional voice, bringing a new viewpoint on content.
• Edit show audio for podcast (recording, editing, and publishing).
• Monitoring the afternoon show, real time, and actively listening for the best elements to syndicate on social/digital platforms.
• Pray for coworkers in team meetings
• Participate in Sharathon, PowerDrive and Thankathon, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
• Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
• Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside the organization
• Other duties assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Design, Art, Digital Media or a related field or equivalent
3 to 5 years of experience in audio & video production
3 to 5 years of experience in developing on-brand digital content
2 or more years of experience in social media management and strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to be creative and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Understand target audience for KSBJ
• Ability to multi-task quickly and demonstrate extreme attention to detail with effective communication
• Adept at meeting multiple and simultaneous deadlines
• Understand emerging tools, technology and business practices for the digital medium and detailed knowledge of the application of these tools and practices.
• Working knowledge of Macintosh computer system and software, including: Adobe Premier, Adobe Audition, ProTools, Logic X, Final Cut X.
• Comfortable with the Internet, multimedia systems, graphic design, animation, digital media and website
• Effective with diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues
• Ability to phone screening & edit phone calls
• Rapid / News Cycle Type thinking… immediacy is important.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scriptures.
• Possesses a genuine concern for all people, and capacity to relate with all people in a sensitive, respectful way
• Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
• Must have studied and applied the Christian faith through a minimum of 3 years of bible study
• Ability to offer Christian prayer in group settings
• Exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with Holy Bible
• A love and appreciation for our style of Christian radio ministry
Working Conditions and Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is at times very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers including pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling.
If interested in this position, please apply directly at https://hopemediagroup.com/careers/
To apply for this job please visit hopemediagroup.com.