AM 980 The Mission (KKMS-AM) is in search for our next afternoon drive host who will share a Christian worldview using today’s headlines and newsmakers. Our next host will make it a priority to help the audience grow in their Christian faith by asking the tough questions and explore sometimes-difficult subjects.
AM 980 The Mission is part of Salem Media Group-Twin Cities and we serve our listening communities with three (3) additional radio stations: AM 1280 The Patriot WWTC-AM(News/Talk), Business 1440 KYCR (Business News/Talk), and our brand new radio station, Wellness Radio 1570 KDIZ (Health/Wellness). We also offer our audience an all-digital station, theFishTwinCities.com (Contemporary Christian music).
As a member of our team, here’s what your role would entail:
- Hosting a live daily afternoon drive program on AM 980 The Mission (KKMS-AM) from 4pm to 6pm, CST.
- Show preparation, including but not limited to, researching and generating story, topic, and guest ideas. Strong interview skills are very important.
- Working with the Operations Manager to plan new shows and brainstorm topics of interest for our primary demographic of 35+ in age.
- Work with the Multimedia Sales Manager to generate revenue in the form of commercials, program features, endorsements, and non-traditional revenue items.
- Participate and help lead station promotion and community events. You would be considered the “cheerleader” of station-branded events.
- Regularly utilizing digital and social media platforms to extend the reach of the AM 980 The Mission’s brand. Including, but not limited to, podcasts, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.
- Lead the on-air efforts of several donor development campaigns with our national partners and our national ministry of the month program.
Here are some of the things you would need to succeed in this role:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of previous radio talk show experience, preferably in a Christian Talk format.
- A working knowledge of local, regional, and national current events to create for topic driven features/programs with a Christian worldview. Experience with breaking news and some political conversation is expected.
- Very organized in the planning and scheduling of radio programs, and voicing daily programs, and promotional announcements.
- You MUST be a team player and understand that the team is what makes the station, not the individual.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively.
- Goal-achievement oriented and that you strive to improve, which means that you must be able to give and receive constructive, creative criticism.
What is the compensation:
- We offer a base salary plus bonus
- We also provide medical, dental, and eye care provided after 90 days of employment
- 401k plan
If you think you’d be a good fit for Salem-TC, please apply:
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rn22.ultipro.com/SAL1004/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*78858F5EE48F26BA →