Christian Digital Media: Ministry Leader: Job Description KHCB Christian Radio, 105.7 FM Houston www.khcb.org is looking for a full-time Leader of Digital Media, to complement our Radio Network.
Qualifications: Background and skills should include:
- Biblical belief, understanding and bible training a must. A deep biblically-based Christian faith and Christian World View, as more specifically described in the attached Statement of Faith.
- Digital Media including a minimum 3 years’ experience in:
- Website Optimization i. Working with vendors, hosts to optimize website performance, metrics and results
- Podcast editing and publishing
- Mobile apps
- Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Social media content experience
- Facebook video streaming and YouTube video publishing
- Blogs and other written content.
- Editing background and experience a plus
- Church or ministry experience.
- Working within the media department of a large church or ministry a plus
- Local presence
- KHCB has a huge radio signal in Houston as well as parts of Texas, OK, Louisiana and Arkansas-even Florida-relationships in and around Houston would be very helpful
- Team Building a. Leadership experience is key, as this position will be instrumental in building and leading a team of 4-7 full time and/or part time contributors
- Other non-profit experience helpful
- Experience in non-profit fundraising via digital platforms is a plus
- Some flexibility for working remotely. Existing Station located off Kirby and Southwest Freeway in Houston but an additional location a potential option.
Responsibilities: Many of these Jobs or Responsibilities may be delegated, but ultimate responsibility will still remain with the Ministry Leader of Digital Media.
- Work and coordinate with Media Consultant and Vendors (Website designers, Podcast hosts, contractors, etc.) to improve breadth and depth of Digital Media. Represent KHCB as owner/client.
- Identify and Source interesting, viable Digital Media Content, whether video, audio/podcasts, written content or otherwise for publishing on KHCB’s media network. a. KHCB is a well-established Christian Radio Network with approximately 60% of its airtime given for speaking, teaching and preaching the Gospel. This should represent for an excellent base for identifying viable relationships and sources of content.
- Approve digital media content in form, substance and biblical accuracy before being published and going virtual/online.
- Lead a team of Digital Media content and technical professionals who also contribute to #1 Responsibility above.
- This position will be the senior Leader of Digital Media in a developing KHCB’s digital media team with ground floor opportunities to design and build KHCB’s digital media footprint:
- There will be an opportunity to work with existing Digital assets as part of KHCB’s Radio Network. These existing channels can be migrated to an interdependent platform for Ministry purposes.
- This position will be instrumental in developing and creating New Digital Media assets that will become part of the Ministry
- This position will work with existing Radio ministry and Board of Trustees to maximize Digital Media within the KHCB universe
- This position will be responsible for all content approval for biblically based digital media on KHCB’s channels including:
- Website Optimization
- Mobile Apps
- Videos for YouTube, Facebook streaming and otherwise
- Social Media:
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, TikTok, etc.
Attachment: Statement of Faith
Contact: Thomas M Suffield Chairman of the Board, KHCB radio network/media [email protected] 713 364 3017 HOUSTON CHRISTIAN BROADCASTERS, INC.
STATEMENT OF FAITH __________________________________________________________________
- I believe the Bible to be the Mind of Christ, and to be the inspired, the only infallible and the authoritative Word of God.
- I believe in one God manifested in three personalities and eternally existent as the Father (the Planner), the Son (the Executor) and the Holy Spirit (the Revealer).
- I believe in the personality of Satan, and his present control over unregenerate man.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- I believe in the fall of man and his lost estate, which makes necessary a rebirth through belief in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I believe in the reconciliation of man to God by the substitutionary death and shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- I believe in the resurrection of believers unto everlasting life and blessing in Heaven, and the resurrection of unbelievers unto everlasting punishment in the torments of Hell.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- I believe that the church is the indivisible Body of Christ bound together by the Holy Spirit, consisting only of those who are born again in Christ and for whom He shall come again.
- I believe in Christ’s great commission to the church to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every person, baptizing and teaching those who believe.
- I believe in Biblical marriage that is a covenant between a man and a woman, as the sole relationship in which sexual relations are appropriate.
- I believe in the sanctity of life, that man is made in God’s image, from conception to death that all human life is sacred.
- I believe that God created man in his own image, male and female, and that man cannot change such designation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org