HOME.fm Morning Show Co-host
Spring Arbor, MI
The HOME.fm Morning Show Co-host will encompass and fulfill the 106.9 HOME.fm’s mission to inspire Jackson and the surrounding communities with music and conversation that reflects Christ in a relevant way. Part-time, 12 month position, non-exempt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by proper personnel.
Attendance & Participation:
- Attendance and participation during scheduled staff meetings and professional development opportunities
- Regular communication with management to review and improve on and off-air performance
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, with some evening and weekend assignments
- Promotional public appearances as requested by station manager and/or program director.
- Ability to work without close supervision, yet as part of a team
- Ability to complete projects, accurately and by pre-determined deadlines; with ability to work under pressure.
Community & Content:
- Host a show that represents the overall mission of HOME.fm
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with internal and external partners in a professional, caring, and kind manner
- Be thoroughly supportive of the University’s mission and values as an evangelical Christian university affiliated with the Free Methodist Church.
- Self-starter with ability to work in an organized fashion
- Ongoing knowledge of and participation in the Jackson community
- Ability to effectively communicate spiritual truths through everyday language in an effort to convey the mission of HOME.fm to the Jackson community.
- Work with radio staff to consistently develop ideas and segments to enhance the structure and impact of HOME.fm on the community.
- Initiate listener interaction on-air, online and at public at events, with the ability to represent the station in a variety of settings
- Work with radio staff to facilitate and highlight important public issues relating to the Jackson community
- Interact with student employees and interns involved with radio station
- Present morning show as assigned by program director, in accordance with stated format.
- Generate creative content targeting our listener demographic
- Execute on-air promotions to best highlight and represent our advertisers and sponsors.
- Operational knowledge of radio soundboard, automation and audio production software, and other related equipment as necessary.
- Speak confidently and clearly on-air
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and prepare for assigned air shift by developing timely, relevant and relatable topics to the strategic target of the radio station
- Gather and summarize raw information from various, reliable sources to contribute to show
- Accurately deliver news, weather, live copy and spontaneous conversation in a pleasant voice and delivery style
- Voicetrack as assigned by the program director.
- Assist with miscellaneous station duties as requested by station manager and/or program director.
Reports directly to the General Manager/Program Director.
On-air experience preferred. Must be self-motivated, creative and possess good interpersonal, communication skills and love for the local community. General comfort with technology preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University Concept and Community Covenant. Experience working in multicultural academic environments preferred and individuals from diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous broadcast experience a minimum of three years strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of programming clocks and schedules
Knowledge and understanding of radio station and FCC rules relating to broadcasting stations
To apply for this job please visit www.arbor.edu.