Network Administrator I
The Network Administrator I serve as a member of the Information Technology Department and reports directly to the Director, Information Technology. This position exists to influence this generation to love and follow Jesus through culturally relevant media. There are 4 primary roles for this position. First, this role will handle all route/switch, circuit up/down, and network troubleshooting incidents. Secondly, this position handles all interactions with ISP vendors for circuit related issues. Thirdly, this position handles all tier 2 tickets relating to route/switch and network security. Finally, you would work on infrastructure level projects to improve systems, network, security and applications. The person in this role must have the ability to self-motivate, work with little supervision, have high integrity and complete tasks with excellence. Having excellent oral and written communication skills is a must. This position qualifies for 3 workdays in office and 2 remote workdays per week. However, during the training phase (60 days), all workdays, unless otherwise stated from manager, are in office. This will also help you learn and get to know the culture of the office
- Setup & configure firewalls, VPN, tunnels, ACLs, policies, VLANS etc.
- Setup & configure L2/L3 switching/routing policies.
- Maintain centralized management and monitoring of L2/L3.
- Use industry standard network monitoring tools for network security.
- As securely as possible, make the network as efficient as possible.
- Do basic threat hunting.
- Use industry standard network monitoring tools for network use.
- Maintain up/down time of internet circuits at multiple sites.
- Monitor the network for every L2/L3 network appliance.
- Work with our ISP and network vendors.
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings or with donors/listeners as needed
- Participate in Support Drives as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Hope Huddle and team meetings for prayer and devotions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization
- Any other duties assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2-year degree in CIS or related field preferred
- CompTIA, CISSP, GIAC, or Microsoft certification(s) preferred
- 2 years of route/switch related experience
- 1-2 years WatchGuard and Palo Alto enterprise experience preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot network related issues
- Advanced knowledge of printing, TCP/IP, VoIP, firewalls, switches, and how to configure them
- Ability to work in a DevOps environment
- Advanced knowledge of ticketing and centralized management and workflow systems.
- Azure and AWS networking stacks
- Ability to create network maps, track endpoints, track applications, understand a SIEM, use network security tools, and do basic threat hunting
- Ability to automate network/security configurations with scripting, portals, and APIs.
- Automation skills.
- Bash, PowerShell and Python scripting ability
- Windows Server operating systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with little supervision with efficiency and high integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Budget management
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
Working Conditions and Environment
As needed in case of network emergency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical activity may include: Stooping, bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees, crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Crawling, moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction and into tight overhead areas. Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Climbing, ability to climb a ladder. Pushing, using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward. Pulling, using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. Lifting, raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Grasping, applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
TO APPLY VISIT WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM
To apply for this job please visit WWW.HOPEMEDIAGROUP.COM.