Our Mid-Ohio coverage
area is very unique as it reaches from Mansfield, Ohio
down to Columbus. (Go Bucks) The new 95.1 reaches a
very unique audience that has a lot of faith and
2. What is the most fulfilling aspect to you
personally about Christian radio?
Seeing the power of
Christian Radio change and minister to people
everyday! Hearing that a life or family has been
changed because of Christian Radio is the most
fulfilling aspect to me.
3. How do you personally keep the ministry in the
Keeping the main thing
the main thing! Keeping Christ first in our daily
decisions and reflecting that on and off the air.
Everybody in Christian Radio should read: “Finding
Common Ground” by Tim Downs
4. What is the criteria that determines if a song
receives airplay on your station?
If our target can connect
with it and does it fit our target!
5. What kind of promotions work best for your station?
Promotions that shape and
reinforce who the station is and promotions that hit
our target listener.
6. How do you think Christian Record labels can better
serve Christian radio?
I think their doing a
great Job…I worked with them a little closer at WAY-FM
and if they keep that line of communication open
things will continue to run smoothly.
7. In your opinion what are the biggest obstacles
facing Christian radio today?
Making sure stations
stay focused on who they are and doing GREAT
8. What do you believe is the primary role of the
Christian radio air personality today?
Be real, honest and
relating to your audience. Living their faith out on
and off the air.
9. What (if any) other Christian radio stations do you
consider as innovators today?
I think Matt Austin and
team is doing a great job at WAY-FM in Nashville,
Z88.3 and Spirit 105.3
10. Where do you see Christian radio in 5 years?
I see the quality of
Christian radio continuing to improve and I see more
and more main stream stations turning their heads
asking Christian stations… how did you do it?