1. Tell us about
your market and how it is unique?
This market has had CCM
radio come and go. It was prime for a full time music
station. It has a great church/beliefs based
2. What is the most fulfilling aspect to you
personally about Christian radio?
Seeing lives change,
and people grow in their faith.
3. How has God used you in your role at the River?
To encourage and help
bring a vision. Not bad for a bind guy, huh?
4. What is the criteria that determines if a song
receives airplay on your station?
If our target
can connect with it, and it's sonic texture.
5. What kind of promotions work best for your station?
Promotions that reflect
the values of our target, like feeding the
hungry, school supplies for underprivileged children,
and kid safety.
6. How do you think Christian Record labels can better
serve Christian radio?
Cutting the fat and
making sure that they keep sending us great songs.
7. In your opinion what are the biggest obstacles
facing Christian radio today?
We need to stop being
tactical and start being strategic. We need to start
on the outside and work backward.
8. What do you believe is the primary role of the
Christian radio air personality today?
To relate and
connect, living their faith on the air.
9. What (if any) other Christian radio stations do you
consider as innovators today?
Spirit 105.3 and Z88.3.
They truly understand how to connect.
10. Where do you see Christian radio in 5 years?
Major radio groups will
be throwing their hats into the ring, because they
will see a format that is viable.