Industry News Bits 5-30-19 / Take 2

WMKL/Miami (The Call) GM Rob Robbins announces they will be phasing out traditional FM radio. On Facebook Robbins says the radio ministries resources into new digital platforms will better serve teens in Florida. Rob states, “Today, in a digital, on demand world, teens listen to whatever music they choose, whenever, wherever, and however they want without the limitations of FM reception and time schedules. The radio dial is now infinite. Teens today spend only about 10% of their time listening to music from FM radio and the other 90% through streaming services like Spotify, Pandora, Apple, YouTube, and digital downloads. Half of all people under the age of 35 live in households without a radio.”

Robbins says 82% of their resources are consumed directly by Call Radio’s traditional FM signals to which teens invest only 10% of their total music listening time. The post did not give a timetable or give details on when changes would come.


KSWP/Lufkin PD Michele Ross tells HisAir she is being promoted to Assistant GM. The stations (KSWP & Sister KAVX) are looking for its new Program Director. If interested check the JOBS page. 


WDJC/Birmingham Office Manager/EEO Lani Myers is retiring soon. Her last day will be June 7, 2019.  Lani tells HisAir today, “I’ve been with Crawford Broadcasting in Birmingham, AL for just over 16 years.  I’ve enjoyed my job all these years, and have especially enjoyed meeting all of the different Christian Artists and attending all of the concerts & events!” WDJC has started looking for Lani’s replacement. Check the listing HERE. 


NEWS AT YOUR STATION OR LABEL … SUBMIT HERE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *